Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

My New Toy

Today was the Harvest Dinner at my church. So my parents and brother and sister went with so Mom could sing. The morning service started like normal until we got to announcements. Then it went like this:
Uncle Eric was in the middle of announcements when a phone started ringing by the piano.
"Ruby, turn your phone off!" He scolded from the pulpit.
"It's not mine!" I replied.
"Yes, it is!" He said.
"No it's not!" I said.
Then he explained that it really was mine and that the church had bought it for me as a thank you for being willing to drive up there every Sunday to play the piano.
"Now make sure you turn it on silent so that it doesn't go off again." He told me.
"I don't know how." I whined.
Well, Cali was already half way up to the piano to turn it on silent for me.
What had happened was Cali distracted me so that they could lay it on the floor by the piano. Then Cali called it in the middle of announcements.
 
I just want to say thank you all so very much for buying me a cell phone and for all the love that you all have shown through your actions. Thank you again. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment