Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Bus Ride, A Conversation, & A Blessing

Lately I have been reading Will Our Generation Speak by Grace Mally. As I was reading it last Thursday night, the Lord really convicted me that I need to be witnessing more. That night, I prayed and asked the Lord to give me an opportunity to witness. What I didn't know was that that opportunity was going to come soon.

The bus that we ride to school is called the "Naughty Kids Bus." So, us girls normally listen to our iPods on the way to school. After we dropped off at the middle school, one of the high school girls was going on and on about how she thought the Bible was just a stupid Book and how she wanted to burn It. (She said all this as I was sitting reading my Bible.) So I just simply held up my Bible and asked her, "You mean this Book?" And this is about how the conversation went.

"Why do you have that?" she asked.

"Because it is the most important Book anyone could ever read." I replied.

"How do you know that It is true? Someone probably just dreamed it up and decided to write it down." she said.

Then I explained to her that we can know that the Bible is God's Holy Word because He says so many times. She was raised Catholic so she asked me many questions about the Bible and what I believe about It and why my beliefs are different from the Catholic beliefs. I was also able to explain why Jesus died on the cross.

"Why do we celebrate Christmas?" she asked.

"We celebrate Jesus' birth. That's what Christmas is all about." I explained.

"I don't get it, how could Jesus come to the earth as a Baby and still be God?" she asked.

Then I thought 'Lord, how am I going to explain this?' So I explained it as best as I could. She then told me that she still didn't understand it. I told her that none of us can understand it fully. If we could, we would be God ourselves. (Then I thought back to my Bible lesson. Just the other day, my lesson taught me the same thing! It was neat for me to be able to share it with her when I had just recently learned it myself.)

We continued to talk the rest of the ride to school. As we were leaving, I was able to give her and one of the guys that rides our bus each a Your Choice: Heaven or Hell tract. They both told me that they would read it. They also said that they would come to me if they have any questions.

I was so thankful for the opportunity to witness just after I asked the Lord to give me the opportunity. Please pray for these two kids that they would think about what I told them and that they would read the tract.

No comments:

Post a Comment