Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Don't Be Ashamed

Romans 1:16
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:
for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;
to the Jew first,
and also to the Greek."
 
Are we ashamed of the Bible? We live in a world that has the mindset of, "Do what you want, there isn't a God that is going to judge you." This often than not discourages us from sharing the Gospel. But, as Christians, we need to be boldly proclaiming the Gospel to everyone we meet.
 
Ephesians 6:18-20
"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
And for me, that utterance may be given unto me,
that I may open my mouth boldly,
to make known the mystery of the gospel.
For which I am an ambassador in bonds:
that therein I may speak boldly,
as I ought to speak."

 
There are many people that don't believe the Bible and probably never will if we don't get out of our comfort zone and tell them about Christ. In fact, just the other morning, a person that I ride the bus with was complaining on how so many believe the Bible and how she thinks it is just a stupid old book that someone dreamed up. But, instead of being discouraged, hearing a conversation like this should make us that much more eager to share the Gospel.
 
I'm not just challenging you guys on this matter. There have been many times that instead of speaking up and sharing the Gospel, I have just been quiet. I believe that if we ask the Lord to help us to be more bold and give us wisdom and the words to say when witnessing, we will be able to change the world one person at a time.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment