Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Laredo, Texas Missions Trip: Jubilation Camp Meeting: Monday

Monday morning Mrs. Zupan, Miss Nancy and I spent the morning doing the last minute cleaning in the Shepherd's Inn and the Dorms before the speakers started coming for the meetings. Then around 5:00 that evening, the three of us helped make supper. We had taco salads and brownies with sweet tea and unsweetened tea to drink. There weren't any services tonight, it was just a meet 'n greet to get to know everybody.

For many years whenever the Wings as Eagles Ministry takes a work crew to go work on a church or minister somewhere, before every meal they sing the song He Paid A Debt.

He paid a debt He did not owe, 
I owed a debt I could not pay. 
I needed someone to wash my sins away. 
And now I sing a brand new song, 
"Amazing grace" the whole day long. 
Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay.

It's just amazing to think that Jesus Christ was willing to pay the price for MY sin! Why would a perfect, amazing God be willing to send His only Son to die on the cross for such a wretched sinner as I? I will never be able to wrap my little little brain around why He would love me so much! My "good works" aren't any better than filthy rags! We serve a wonderful God!

No comments:

Post a Comment