Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Laredo, Texas Missions Trip: Rio Grande Missionary Helps Tour

Sorry that it's taken so long for me to post more pics and stories from my missions trip. I finally have a new computer cord! Now I have the power to give y'all a little picture tour of the mission.
Back in 2000, Brother Waldrop started building on the land that was the future home of Rio Grande Mission Help Center. Now all the buildings, except for one, that were in Brother Waldrop's vision of the compound are all standing because of God's grace and the many, many volunteers that have helped build the compound. Here are some pics of the compound. Enjoy!

The Gate 

The Dining Hall 

The Shepherd's Inn 
This inn has 11 rooms that are furnished with one big bed and 2 or 3 twin size beds. This is where they put up the people that come to the Jubilation and others that need a place to stay.

Here's the inside to one of the rooms.

The Dorms

Here's the inside of the girl's dorm.

The Open Tabernacle
This is where we had all the Jubilation Camp Meetings.

Brother and Mrs. Waldrop's House

The Trailer House

And last but certainly not least, Our House.
This is where I lived for eight days while at the mission.

 This was my corner of the living room.
The door behind my bed is another bedroom that has never been finished so we just partitioned off part of the living room and made it into "my room."

 Our Kitchen

 Our Living Room

This is the view from the front door.
(And yes, that is three cases of vanilla. And no, Mrs. Zupan and I didn't buy it all for ourselves.)

And...these were our next door neighbors.

Again, I apologize for how long it has taken me to blog about my missions trip. Now that I have a computer cord, I will, Lord willing, be doing at least 2 or 3 more posts from my trip. So keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment