Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

Sound of Music Live!

I don't normally do reviews for movies but, I will make an exception for this:

(sorry that the pic is blurry)
 
Disclaimer: I, in no means am trying to offend anyone. This is just my personal view and what I think of the performance.
 
I personally thought that they did a wonderful job. But, many others have thought otherwise. One of the things that people have been complaining about the most is that it doesn't follow the movie. What they did last night was the Broadway version, NOT the movie. Their goal in making this film wasn't to remake the movie but to bring the original Broadway version back to life. Some people have said that it was horrible because Julie Andrews wasn't Maria. Yes, I understand that Julie Andrews is irreplaceable but, Carrie Underwood did a pretty good job for not being an actress.  
If you were to ask me what I thought about it this is what I would tell you: It was wonderful! You have to understand that what they did was the Broadway version otherwise you won't appreciate it.
Can we please stop ripping this performance of The Sound of Music apart? I know we each have our own opinions and we have that right but, please understand that it comes to a point when some of us that actually enjoyed the performance get tired of hearing constant complaints.
Please before you make another bad comment, just think of how much time this took. They took 15 weeks of constant practicing. How would you feel if you spent 15 weeks constantly practicing and then to do perform it and have someone rip it apart word for word? 

No comments:

Post a Comment