Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving

Have you ever noticed how Thanksgiving has been "pushed to the back burner", if you will, in our society? Two days before Thanksgiving my Mom and I went to Walmart to get some table cloth for our annual Pie & Praise. The sad thing was, there was no Thanksgiving decorations at all! Walmart went right from Halloween to Christmas.

Yes, I understand how important Christmas is, but I believe Thanksgiving is just as important. There are many, many verses in the Bible that talk about giving thanks to God for what He has done. Here are just a few:

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
I Thessalonians 5:18
 
"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
I Corinthians 15:57
 
"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 5:20
 
So, what are you thankful for this year? Or a better question, did you remember to thank the Lord for all that He has given you? After all, without Him we would have nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment