Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Missions Trip

As many of you have heard, I am going on a missions trip in October. I am leaving October 8 and getting back on the 25th. I will be going down to Rio Grande Missionary Help in Laredo, Texas with  Mr. & Mrs. Jack Zupan. Rio Grande Missionary Help was built to spread the Gospel into Nuevo Laredo. Now with all the drug rings and violence in Mexico, they no longer take groups over the border but they continue to spread the Gospel right there in Laredo. Laredo’s population is made up of 98% Spanish speaking Hispanic people which makes the streets of Laredo look much like the streets in Mexico. Some of the many ways that they spread the Gospel in Laredo among the Spanish speaking people is through the local market in downtown Laredo, gate to gate visitation, open air films, and tract distribution.

Every spring and fall they do what they call a Jubilation Camp Meeting. Many families, missionaries, and mission groups go down to Laredo for these wonderful weeks. Each week starts off with an ice cream social Monday night. Then from Tuesday to Thursday, we have several preaching sessions with many different pastors and missionaries that go to the Jubilation.  While I am down there, I will be helping with the cooking and cleaning at the Mission and then I will also be providing some special music for the services along with doing some odd jobs like painting and such.

I am extremely excited for this wonderful opportunity that God has given me to go and serve at Rio Grande Missionary Help. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment