Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Laredo, Texas Missions Trip: All the Wonderful People

I know this is WAY over due but I have been VERY busy so...now that I've told you all about the work we did, now I'll introduce to you some of the amazing people that I met. There's just something about Southern hospitality that makes you feel right at home.

 First I'll introduce you to Brother Waldrop and Mrs. Waldrop - the wonderful people that started and run Rio Grande Missionary Helps. I have never met anybody so humble as Brother and Mrs. Waldrop. When they first moved to Laredo, Texas, Brother Waldrop started a church in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico until quite a few years ago when it became unsafe for them to go back and forth. But still, every year Mrs. Waldrop buys a ton of Christmas gifts for the people in the church in Nuevo Laredo, wraps them all and ships them across the border. And then on top of that, she buys and sends gifts all the church members of many other churches in Mexico and for the church in Laredo and for all her family! But you know what, you never once hear them bragging about all they do. They are wonderful examples of what a true, humble servant of the Lord is and I'm so glad to be able to call them dear friends.

This here is Brother Kelle and his wife Sister Tammy. Brother Kelle is the pastor of the English Church - Family Baptist - in Laredo. I had so much fun getting to know them and their family. As soon as I walked into their church Sunday morning, I felt right at home. It was also such a blessing to be able to hear Brother Kelle preach and to have the privilege of sharing the musical talents that the Lord has given me with them and their church.

This is Brother Bart and Miss Nancy. For those of you who know Brother Bart, you are probably wondering why he is so short. When we went to take the picture, they wanted me to feel tall so they shrunk. Brother Bart and Miss Nancy are wonderful people. Brother Bart is part of the Wings as Eagles Ministry based out of Wyldewood Baptist Church in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Brother Bart and Mr. Zupan have headed up a lot of the building of the mission and of the church building for Family Baptist Church. I had so much fun getting to know Brother Bart better and being able to FINALLY meet Miss Nancy. By the way Brother Bart, how much do I still owe you and Brother Waldrop? He told me when I got there that I had to pay him and Brother Waldrop $50 every time I had fun. My response was that I was broke before I even got down there then! The most fun part of being around Brother Bart and Miss Nancy was that I was either always being picked on or there was always some for me to pick on. 

And last but certainly not least, here are the Zupans. They are the wonderful people that put up with all my craziness for 2 1/2 weeks. I am so glad that they let me go with them. I had so much fun spending time with them and getting to know them better. There are so many funny conversations (like about the government) and jokes that I could keep on talking about them for forever! But the one thing that I remember right now takes place at the Super 8 in Kansas. We went down for breakfast Friday morning before we left and Mr. Zupan read a sign that was posted on the front desk that said something about there being a $50 charge per pet. He turned to me and said "Uh oh, I think we forgot to pay that for you!" I want to thank you guys again for allowing me to go with you and for putting up with me. 

Here are pictures of some of the other wonderful people that I met on the missions trip. 
 Sister Charlene & I 

 Brother Oscar, Sister Patty, Me, Mrs. Zupan & Mr. Zupan

 Brother Sed & I 

 Paxton & I 
The cutest one if you ask me. ;)

Sister Gloria & I

Brother Johnny, Me & Brother Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment